Transportation to Sayulita
Sayulita is located 36 miles north of the airport. There are several ways to get to Sayulita and Villa Amor.
The most common way to get here is to have Villa Amor provide an airport transfer for you. We can arrange a hotel transfer if you like. The transfer includes a free stop along the way for groceries.
Taking a Taxi
Ignore all the hawkers offering you a ride; go instead to the official taxi booths and purchase a ticket, it will cost approximately US$75 or equivalent pesos, mention if you want a stop to buy groceries, the taxi will wait for you. You pay for one way
Taking the Public Bus
After clearing immigration and customs, walk to the front of the airport building ignoring all the offers for taxi. Use the pedestrian bridge over the highway and look for the small white and green busses. Every 15 or so minutes a bus will say Sayulita on the front window sign. The fare is 25 pesos (approximately US$2.00) The ride is a little bumpy but fun. When you get to Sayulita walk across the low bridge, and into town, at the Plaza turn towards the ocean and walk along the beach road or the beach itself to Villa Amor. It is a fun, easy way to get to us.
Renting a Car/Driving Directions
If you are thinking about renting a car and driving, please keep in mind, that you will probably not need a car in Sayulita. If you wish to rent a car for a day, you can rent one locally.
Directions from Puerto Vallarta International Airport
Sayulita is 24 miles north of the Airport. The drive takes about 40 minutes without traffic. If you are driving:
- As you exit the airport, turn left on the main highway. Following signs to “Compostela.” About 10 minutes along the highway, you will pass the town of Mezcales as you continue towards Bucerías. After passing Bucerías, follow the sign to “Compostela-Tepic.” The road curves as it climbs the lush hillside. After about 15 minutes driving you will pass a sign for “Guamuchil,” “San Quintin” and “San Ignacio.”
- When you approach a sign that reads “Sayulita”, turn left at the large Pemex gas station, and Sayulita will be about two miles down the road.
- Once you drive into Sayulita’s main plaza, turn right toward the ocean.
- Turn left at the next corner.
- Turn right again on the following corner. (At this point you may be wondering, “Why don’t they give us street names.” Frankly, they’re something of an afterthought along the way.)
- Drive along the beachfront road approximately one quarter mile Villa Amor will be on your left, facing the beach. Should you get lost, ask any local. Most know us well and should be able to point you in the right direction.
- Google Maps and Directions