Transportation and Directions
Where is Sayulita?
Sayulita is 36 miles north of the Puerto Vallarta International Airport, on Highway 200. A drive takes about 45 minutes or so, depending on traffic conditions. We can arrange transportation for you, or you can travel by bus, taxi, or car.
Let us drive you to and from Puerto Vallarta International Airport
Please keep in mind, that you will not probably need a car in Sayulita. In fou wish to rent a car for a day you can rent it locally.
Driving yourself from Puerto Vallarta International Airport to Villa Amor in Sayulita, Nayarit
If you’re driving, follow Highway 200 north from the airport, cross into the state of Nayarit. The road passes Mezcales, Bucerias, San Quitin, and finally San Ignacio before reaching the 3 km turnoff to Sayulita. Here’s the best route to take from the airport:
- As you exit the airport, turn left on the main highway following signs to “Compostela.” About 10 minutes along the highway, you will pass the town of Mezcales as you continue towards Bucerías. After passing Bucerías, follow the sign to “Compostela-Tepic.” The road curves as it climbs the lush hillside. After about 15 minutes driving you will pass a sign for “Guamuchil,” “San Quintin” and “San Ignacio.”
- When you approach a sign that reads “Sayulita” turn left and Sayulita will be about two miles down the road.
- Once you drive into Sayulita’s main plaza turn right toward the ocean.
- Turn left at the next corner.
- Turn right again on the following corner. (At this point you may be wondering, “Why don’t they give us street names.” Frankly, they’re something of an afterthought along the way.)
- Drive along the beachfront road approximately one quarter mile Villa Amor will be on your left, facing the beach. Should you get lost, ask any local. Most know us well and should be able to point you in the right direction.
By public bus from the airport: After clearing immigration and customs walk to the front of the airport building ignoring all the offers for taxi. Use the pedestrian bridge over the highway and look for the small white and green busses. Every 15 or so minutes a bus will say Sayulita on the front window sign. The fare is 25 pesos (approximately $2.00US) The ride is a little bumpy but fun. When you get to Sayulita walk across the low bridge sort of in front of you, walk into town, at the Plaza turn towards the ocean and walk along the beach road or the beach itself to Villa Amor. It is a fun, easy way to get to us.
By taxi from airport: Ignore all the hawkers offering you a ride; go instead to the official taxi booths and purchase a ticket, it will be between $50 and $70US or equivalent pesos, mention if you want a stop to buy groceries, the taxi will wait for you. You pay for one way.
RETURN TO AIRPORT FROM SAYULITA: Again, Bus, Public Taxi or prepaid arrangement.
Many guests choose to share airport transportation with newly friends.